breaking news

Boney Kapoor has already given his nod for the new Mr. India

February 26th, 2020 | by vBollywood Author
0 Views
Boney Kapoor has already given his nod for the new Mr. India
News
0
0 0
Read Time:3 Minute, 11 Second

While Boney Kapoor has already given his approval for the new Mr. India to be made into a franchise, Sridevi had earlier said that she was never keen to do a sequel of Mr. India.

A few days ago, director Ali Abbas Zafar had made an announcement that he will be writing and directing Mr. India 2. The makers of the project cleared the doubt that it is not a sequel or a remake of the 1987 classic film but rather a re-imagination of the original that starred Sridevi and Anil Kapoor.

“I don’t think that Mr. India can be remade or turned into a sequel. Such a film just happens. When we were working on it, we never thought it would turn out to be such an influential film. Even today, people remember the film, Mogambo, and my character of the talkative journalist. Everything just came together. Such a happy situation is impossible to repeat,” Sridevi had said in an interview, according to a report in Asian Age.

Ali Abbas Zafar on his new Mr. India

Zafar is presently working on the script and building the superhero universe and, contrary to reports in sections of the media, he avers that the casting process is not yet begun.

“I have just commenced working on the script, no actor has been locked till now, once the first draft of the script is ready, we will begin the casting process. The film involves massive amounts of pre-production and will go on floor early next year,” said the director.

Unconfirmed reports have stated that Ranveer Singh and Shah Rukh Khan might come together for the project.

Zafar’s “Mr. India” will be set in a new, relevant and contemporary superhero world. “It is a huge responsibility to carry forward an iconic character that has been loved by Indians for so many years,” the filmmaker shared.

Shariq Patel, CEO, Zee Studios, confirmed: “We are excited to have Ali on board for ‘Mr. India’. This not a part 2 or a remake of the older film as recently reported in some sections of the media, but a reimagining of the iconic classic.”

The 1987 film narrated the story of a poor man (Anil) who gives shelter to orphans. After he accidentally discovers his late scientist father’s invisibility device, he uses it to save his children and all of India from the clutches of the villain Mogambo, played with iconic actor the late Amrish Puri.

However, Sonam Kapoor, filmmaker Shehkar Kapur, who is famous for helming the iconic film “Mr India”, has expressed his disappointment over the announcement of a remake of the movie by director Ali Abbas Zafar.

Shekhar also suggested that he may take a legal action against the makers of the remake.

Director Kunal Kohli on Saturday took to Twitter and wrote: “Javed Akhtar won a hard fought battle for the rights of lyricists and writers. Its time we did the same?”

Responding to Kohli’s tweet, Shekhar tweeted: “Yes. It’s time to test this legally… Let’s do it.”

Shekhar on Sunday took to social media and posted late actor Amrish Puri’s still from “Mr India”, in which Puri played the popular villain Mogambo.

Reacting on how Mogambo would have reacted to the news of the film’s remake if he was alive, Shekhar tweeted: “Kya Kaha? Mr India 2 ? Is duniya mein koi aur Mogambo bhi hai?”

Shekhar had found it disrespectful for the new makers for not given him the “creative rights” for the remake.

“We sit with writers from day one, but are not the writers. Help actors hone performances but are not actors. Develop and create visual language of film. Slave hours over editing consoles. Directors lead and inspire every aspect of a film and have no creative rights? #MrIndia,” Shekhar added.

Photo courtesy: www.news18.com

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply